Jump to Navigation

Fort Lauderdale Paternity Attorney

A Dedicated and Diligent Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton Paternity Lawyer

When children are born outside of a marriage, challenges exist for the unwed father and mother. Child support must be calculated, and paternity must be established. The situation becomes even more complex when the mother is married to someone other than the biological father, as the child is considered to be of the marriage if the marriage is found to be intact. While parents may be highly emotional during this time, we encourage them to share our focus of putting the best interests and needs of their child or children first.

At Carol Joyce Solomon, P.A., we assert the rights of both fathers and mothers in paternity-related matters.

If you need help proving paternity to secure support or visitation, contact us at 954-255-5333.

The Help Mothers and Fathers Need from a Coral Springs Child Support Lawyer

Attorney Carol Joyce SolomonA single mother's life is challenging enough when the child's biological father admits paternity. It is far more difficult when the father denies paternity. A father who wants to play an active role in his child's life, only to be denied by the mother is in a similarly difficult position. Signing a birth certificate is simply not enough to assert rights to support or timesharing. Paternity must be adjudicated in a court of law, which may involve specific DNA testing.

Once paternity is established, timesharing and child support are determined and a Parenting Plan is put in place. The parenting plan establishes details as to shared parenting by describing which parent is (or parents are) responsible for decisions as to academics, healthcare, and more. The Parenting Plan also delineates the dates and amounts of time each parent spends with the child or children and much more.

While the courts can establish Parenting Plans, we encourage parents to take control of their own lives and families and to work together to find a common ground as to how the best interests of their child or children will be served. After all, parents will need to communicate and deal with one another long past adolescent years. Issues of college, marriage, grandchildren and so much more tie parents together for the rest of their lives. Because of this, it is in everyone's best interest to amicably work out all children's issues, rather than letting a third party "stranger" (a judge) tell you what is in your child's or children's best interest.

Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced family law attorney regarding child support and Parenting Plans as part of a divorce or paternity action, please contact us.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


Attorney Carol Joyce Solomon

Carol Joyce Solomon, P.A.
1515 University Drive
Suite 204 B
Coral Springs, Florida 33071

Phone: 954-255-5333
Fax: 954-255-5310
Map and Directions

2011Super Lawyers Rising Stars